View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 08:56 PM   #102
DreadDomain

Default Re: GURPS Supers Alternatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by naloth View Post
Which version are you trying to make her closer to?
Generic comic book version as opposed to movie version (that is why she has flight). Basically a version that could be on the same team with my Superman. Comic book characters are so fluid that I do not want to worry much about te minutea. There are really two lenses I want these characters to pass. 1) Yep, feels like superhero xyz to me and 2) yep, the build make sense mechanically.

Quote:
Attributes can be a pain... ST and HT are reasonable, even low for some sources. DX seems high, but Diana has had thousands of years of training which would justify her better than the best human gymnasts. IQ seems somewhat high, but it could be that she just doesn't exert it much.
WW ST has greatly varying. I ended up at 60 because it felt very WW and damage seemed balanced with Big Blue (as in less damage but still threatening). HT was a thumb suck. HT is tricky because too high makes the character nearly impervious and too low makes then too vulnerable. That band is somewhat narrow. DX and IQ were driven by character concept but also by points efficiency with regards to skills. I started with DX 14 and IQ 12 but skills made me push them upwards. I even reduced some skills because point efficiency was leading towards IQ 14 and I simply could not have that.

For a Super game GURPS has just too many narrow skills, which drive the attributes up. I have reduce my skil list to about 100 to 125 but I believe it is still too much. A better solution would be to have broader skills without necessarily going full Wildcard.

Quote:
Is this a variant of the Striking Surface perk or something else?
It's your variant described in this thread.

Quote:
You might look into Cosmic Defenses (Block). Diana seems like a good fit for being able to block things you can't normally block.
Ok, will look into it.

Quote:
I haven't used the Alt Gurps 3 natural weapon rules, but from what I'm seen they would fit better than ST-Based in this case.
Are you talking about the Pyramid issue? I will look at it.

Quote:
The problem with binding is that it's normally broken/destroyed to get free. I considered doing the magic lasso as stretching with force extensions, but decided against it. It's funny to think of it as an extra long arm that with mind probing powers.
There are two ways to get out of the snare. Break free (quick contest of ST) or to break the bind. Within the context of the special effect, damaging the bind does not destroy the lasso (which is unbreakable) but "loosen" the noose and make it easier to escape. I am personally quite happy with that interpretation.

Quote:
Nice build. It fits reasonably well with your ~1500 Superman. Now you need to do an Aquaman, Batman, and Flash for that point level ;)
That's the plan... eventually...
DreadDomain is offline   Reply With Quote