View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 06:45 PM   #149
Blue Ghost

Default Re: Multiplayer Fridays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Kauffman View Post
...also, I can't help but think how much it would help generate more interest and replay value of the game in general if we could play other people in published custom scenarios.
Well, I think you can, but you have to wait for someone to drop in to play. But there's no way to see what games are available, nor who's online. Currently the software hunts for games.

Currently Age of Kingdoms has a MP area listing all of the available games when you click the Multiplayer Game icon in the game, but even though it's a better system that might help Ogre, there are other games available via GOG, Voobly, or if you have the CD version, you can hunt around for an MP game, or use an old application like Kali to facilitate a game.

Years back with the old MS Internet Gaming Zone a window facilitated and listed all the available games.

I think part of the issue is that Ogre is a wargame, and as such it's a niche game. But again it has thirty plus years of a developed reputation … so, I'm not sure what else could be going on. As a long time Car Wars fan and player I think I can safely say that even though I played Ogre every now and then since it was first published, I'm didn't become an Ogre fan. But that was largely because I had too many games as a hobby.

I also think Ogre doesn't have the variety of units like the current crop of RTS games, so I'm not surprised there aren't a lot of newer players, but now that the bugs are ironed out, it is a decent port for the single player game.

I'm not sure what else to say.
Blue Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote