View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 02:33 PM   #19
Lameth

Default Re: Hit Points...to be, or not to be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurae View Post
There are definitely two different styles presented here. One side is the RAW, strategy gamers who use all the numbers and rolls no matter what and play it straight. Then there's the story-tellers who fudge rolls or rule by fiat. Both are perfectly valid ways to play, it just depends on the GM and their players. Personally, I like both, it just depends on the game. .
I agree completely! I run right between but I will side more as a story teller and entertainer then a war gamer of numbers and ranges, black and white. I will fudge a role, rarely, but ya I have but it always serves the plot, story, and most importantly the PCs fun. If the pc did everything perfect, and it’s the epic fight at the end, abd it’s been hack and slash and great fun...I’m not going to let a lucky number on my side ruin the whole night...unless it serves the larger story or opens up a new direction. Thankfully this is rare, but in my 40 years...ya I have done it. But I will never do it to serve my needs unneeded or lessen a PCs agency.

All in all I mix it together and have had great players that appreciate the story, role playing, plot twists, epic nature, and depth of the game. And as long as they are having fun, screw it.
Lameth is offline   Reply With Quote