View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 02:24 PM   #133
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Default Re: Kickstarter - GURPS Pyramid Scheme

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
The Science in Your Fiction article from the SciFi issue gives me a SCP Foundation vibe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyneras View Post
Science in Your Fiction was worth the entry price alone, I love well integrated minigames.
Thanks for the feedback! "Putting Science in Your Fiction" was fun to write. As I said elsewhere, "I'm just happy that after more than 25 years of doing my job, I finally got a chance to write about what I did in the 10 years before that." It seems to have been the best-received of my four articles.

I accept that "The Company" is most niche, and of greatest interest to the small group who followed that campaign on my LJ for years (and perhaps to "GURPS Action historians" – an even smaller group). It's likely going to be in fourth place for most people.

In between, whether you like "Play Stupid Games, Win Stupid Prizes" or "Tactical Looting" more will depend on your genre preferences, mostly.

I will say that my recurring theme was "different modes of play," which I think scientific research, sports matches, and speed runs all qualify as. "The Company" is definitely the odd one out, being a campaign seed.
Kromm is online now   Reply With Quote