View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 09:27 PM   #16
Varyon

Default Re: [Supers] Nerfed Marvel Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomenessofme1 View Post
There are also some other edge cases I haven't fully decided on. Juggernaut, for example, can definitely still fit in, just needing an origins change. But someone like Ghost Rider is definitely on thin ground and there's a solid chance he won't fit in.
Honestly, I never realized Juggernaut wasn't a mutant until I played a Marvel mobile game that broke characters up into origin-based classes and classed him as Magic rather than Mutant (note the X-Men movies also had him as a mutant). Optionally, give him a Delusion that his powers are actually magical in nature.

For Ghost Rider, you could probably have a mutant with a similar appearance and roughly similar powers. Say, the ability to produce and manipulate a special kind of fire with "substance" to it - anything sheathed in the flames is subject to functional telekinesis. This gives him the ability to manipulate chains as weapons, do incredible stunts on a motorcycle, and roast people. If you give him a strong healing factor, you could even say his skeletal appearance is because when he accesses his power, the flames around his face burn off the skin; his healing factor keeps him alive (optionally, this gives him incredible DR on his head, as things have to pass through his telekinetic flame to strike him - this may indeed be a big part of why he sets his own head on fire). His appearance may be unnerving enough to give him Terror.