View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 08:10 AM   #39
Icelander

Default Helicopters for 'Night Rider' (Monster Hunter) Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
Take a look at the HH-52, which was a USCG rescue helicopter for decades. It's like a smaller version of the Sea King, definitely handles seawater, uses the same engine, and should lift ten people without problems.
That sounds interesting. I see our Coast Guard, here in Iceland, used the HH-52. I don't recall seeing one*, but I'm trying to track down when it was in service.

Amphibious helicopters mean that they could hopefully be re-fueled from boats too small for them to land on. That would be perfect.

*Those I think I have seen include the Aérospatiale SA 365N Dauphin II and AS-332L1 Super Puma, Bombardier DHC-8-Q314, Eurocopter AS 350B Ecureuil and EC225 Super Pumas, Hughes 500C Defender and Sikorsky S-76 Spirit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
A suggestion for a cover for helicopter operations: an aircraft preservation group, like a smaller-scale version of the Commemorative Air Force.
The Commemorative Air Force is based in Texas. In my campaign, Kessler has been contributing to it since about 1990 and in addition to the real-world Houston Wing, there is a Galveston Squadron. The Florida Wing is in DeLand and it and the Fantasy of Flight museum in Polk City, both of which are centrally located in Florida and convenient for the Florida team to have connections to both.

Also, the Lone Star Flight Museum, in my campaign, has obvious connections to Kessler's people. This is useful for the prop planes that the organization uses, in addition to some of the helicopters.

Last edited by Icelander; 04-04-2020 at 08:23 AM.
Icelander is offline   Reply With Quote