View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 11:21 AM   #21
Icelander

Default Helicopters for 'Night Rider' (Monster Hunter) Support

I've determined that, aside from the many helicopters that are actually used primarily for logistical purposes in the offshore oil industry, but are available to Kessler (Patron of PCs and their allies) if needed, they use a few helicopters nearly exclusively for supporting 'Night Rider' (Monster Hunter) operations. That means, they are available for CSAR/TRAP/Medevac/Casevac purposes.

1) UH-1 Huey

In Beaumont, TX, there are two old Hueys, pilots and crews for them. They support operations in Louisiana and Texas and can use several commercial airfields for that purpose, though their home hangar is at the Beaumont Municipal Airport.
Edit: As they were available really cheap for someone with the right connections, let's add a couple of other Hueys there, for a total of four at Beaumont. Generally, only a maximum of two would be expected to take the air at the same time, though.

A cover company also owns a Huey helicopter that was used by the Israeli Air Force before being acquired by the Rhodesian Air Force. We station that one on St. Lucia, mostly for training purposes.

I might add a couple of Hueys elsewhere, as I go through where the organization operates.

2) Sikorsky S-61 / Sea King

There is a Sikorsky S-61 home-based in Trinidad that allegedly services oil companies, but the contracts are all for appearances sake and come exclusively from companies connected to Kessler through intermediaries, and the flight crew are very much a semi-permanent SAR and medevac asset for Night Riders in the Caribbean.

3) Suggestions for Other Helicopters (Old-school ones)?

I have not decided what model of helicopter is used in Florida, for the team down there, or for the team based in Nassau, Bahamas. What do the forumites think?

4) Suggestions for Tried-and-True Helicopters (still commercially viable in the 2010s)?

There are also probably several helicopters owned by International Yachting and Racing Inc. (IYR Inc.), a logistics company that handles all sorts of travel arrangements for ultra-rich superyacht owners, including shuttling yacht crew and guests around the Caribbean.

Their flight crews probably are aware to an extent of occult phenomena in the world, as well as being highly paid, exhaustively vetted and subject to strict NDAs, because of what they know about Kessler's unorthodox operations.

I haven't decided what models of helicopters they use, though. Suggestions for something that is capable, economical to use for shuttling around over sea and on yachts, but still a tried-and-true design that might function even when the electronics start malfunctioning?

5) Alouette II

Two Alouette II helicopters from the Rhodesian Air Force are possessed by one 'charter' company bankrolled through layers of intermediaries, although they would never be practical for commercial operations in the 2010s. We'll put those in Dominica (the Caribbean island in the Lesser Antilles).

Does anyone happen to know whether there would be any issues with type certifying those for charter work elsewhere in the Caribbean and/or in the US?

6) Soviet Helicopters

Yet other shell companies and/or cover companies in other names own two Mi-8 Hip helicopters and several lighter ex-Soviet aircraft, acquired cheaply after the fall of the Soviet Union, but problems getting them type certified with the FAA means that they are not used in the US.

I'll have to research where best to station them in the Caribbean. I want to have them somewhere not far from the Virgin Islands, depending on where they might realistically receive a type certification. Suggestions?

Last edited by Icelander; 03-30-2020 at 09:21 PM.
Icelander is offline   Reply With Quote