View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 03:01 PM   #1
Jaware

Default DF: Incantations Questions

So I finally got around to getting my hands on DF 19: Incantations.

Now, I was up for about 22 hrs when I skimmed over it, so i could just be an error on my part but I have some issues with how its set up.

I really like how it works, with the SP and casting times and all. The Scripts and the Infusions are a nice touch etc.

I really like how its handled. Dare I say it, Possibly more than RPM.

However. I really, Really, REALLY, disagree with the 8 paths presented in Incantation. Me personally, I don't see how "Demonology" is one of the 8 fundamental pieces of reality.
Same way with inability to cast a heal spell, and a few other bits and pieces.

Now, I have read, and do understand the "Incantation magic and other system", and the "Publication History" states that incantation magic is NOT rpm. That it is a derivative, that was reworked to fit Dungeon Fantasy. And that "All sections have been heavily modified to fit dungeon fantasy"

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, My question, does anybody know How and Why those sections have been changed?

I don't play Dungeon Fantasy, and I feel Incantations could fit nicely in a world that I'm building. And I know that I could probably just swap the Paths back over, and re balance a few things, and just make do.

But I would like to know what was changed and why it was changed to make that whole process easier.
Jaware is offline   Reply With Quote