View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 03:35 PM   #14
demonsbane

Default Re: [DF] City Adventures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crakkerjakk View Post
Plus the daughter of the leader of one side and the son of the leader of the other side have fallen hard for each other, and....

DF: Shakespearean Adventures!
Hey, why not? You already saw it: it's easy to drop role playing elements into action adventures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
I wonder what kind of adventures the delvers can have in the city - and I'm specifically excluding "cleaning out the sewers" and "there's a monster in my basement", because they are just dungeons by another name.
A city, enough detailed in your head or notes, can be comparable to a Dungeon. And then you add a fair amount of social aspects for interacting. There are even "social dungeons", networks of relationships that players can't reach until they "unlock" certain paths (as the acceptance of friendship of a NPC, or this other NPC, which is comparable to choosing between different unknown roads or dungeon doors) for advancing towards a closer emotional contact and relationship with the Voivode which is being magically manipulated for despair of the citizens, and then revealing the manipulator which is acting in the order of his personal life. Then the players fight her or her influence with the Voivode being neutral to them or favorable, instead hostile and with all city's soldiers against the party (that would be the result of a wrong or forced path in the social dungeon), instead only the corrupted bunch of soldiers loyal to the evil wizard or Glamour Girl (GURPS Urban Magics, p. 13). So, the manipulator would be in the "last circle" of the "social network" or labyrinth, as a Boss to fight, with possible minions if the manipulated NPC is still under her influence.

Of course the future GURPS Social Engineering would be very useful here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
I recommend GURPS Mysteries for this sort of adventure, it's a great resource.
I agree.

"Physics is basic but inessential."
Wolfgang Smith

My G+
demonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote