View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 04:21 PM   #3
Kelly Pedersen

Default Re: Pyramid #3/101: Humor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Animating Your Life by Kelly Pederson is freaking awesome.
Glad you liked it! I've had the idea of doing animated character in GURPS for a while, so I jumped at the chance to do it in such a perfect issue theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace
The standouts of the article to me where "Perfect Comedy Timing" and the Comedic PM.
Very happy you liked them. I'm quite proud of the Comedic limitation, in particular. One thing I didn't have room to put in the article, but though might be useful, is that it can be logically extended to other characters who run on other sorts of "rules of drama". A character who's a refugee from a teen TV series could have the "Melodramatic" limitation on certain abilities, for example. Or a character who escaped from an action movie, a la Last Action Hero, could have a similar limitation on their traits that forced them to be action-movie-y.

So far, I've read "What Fools These Mortals Be" and "Dying is Easy, Comedy is Hard" myself, and they're both excellent! I like the more general advice on comedy that both provide, and I'm glad that sort of thing made it into the issue - I was a little worried that all the articles would be like mine, with little room for general comedic advice, and I'm happy my fear was unfounded.
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote