View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 08:46 AM   #149
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams (Michael)

Velsink laughs when Traub asks him about the earlier creature, then Traub relays the reply: "Ye know not Sarmag, being from earth. Sarmag be beasts cunning enough, yet they be of Ratti. I ken not why a Sarmag, a beast of Ratti and most disagreeable, would know of yon portals location. Nor yet why a Beast of Ratti would form such trials. He says this must be the work of men. Of the exiles who came through the portal first."

Captain Velsink grimaces. "Much power means much danger. Such could well be a snare, and would make much sense in this place. We must rest in former passages while we battle this mechanism. Tis not unexpected. I had hoped thou wouldst untangle all trials, but I came not expecting thee."

The captain orders all of his men back into the tunnels, being careful to direct which areas are safe from the sarmag and which from the potential trap. Some of them start setting up wooden device designed to flip the last lever after a period of time. The men seem nervous. A word is selected, and everyone gathered quite close to the captain, who has out a pocket watch.

As they are sorting this all out the captain brings fire to his hand and starts reaching out to touch michael with it.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote