View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 03:17 AM   #25
Tomsdad

Default Re: [Low-Tech] Chinese Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ryujin View Post
The Armorers's Handbook is going to be separate from the VDS, assuming it comes out at all.
Cool. I haven't head about it for a while, so I assume it's a gleam in someone's eye /excel spreadsheet at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ryujin View Post
Yeah, knowing what data Bill used when he stated out these guns will help greatly. They both are real historical Chinese guns, the problem is most sources I can find on them is very vague on hard facts like caliber, muzzle velocity and weight of the shot.

True, or even a description. Although given the sheer amount of stuff in that book I'm guessing space was at an absolute premium and word count was a harsh mistress!

FWICT the Crouching Tiger gun is short angled gun pinned to the ground, much more like an older bombard,

The Awe inspiring cannon is vase shaped thing longer and heavier then the crouching tiger but seems earlier (I have to say I assumed it was later).

However that's 5 seconds and Wikipedia, I'm guessing Bill Stoddard did rather more than that when looking at this!

One other think I meant to mention earlier there doesn't seem to be stats for earlier gun powder weapons firing arrows, could probably mash something up from the Flechette rules in HT

Last edited by Tomsdad; 10-03-2016 at 11:38 PM.
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote