View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 12:48 AM   #24
The_Ryujin

Default Re: [Low-Tech] Chinese Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsdad View Post
Yeah, it would be nice to have both, as you an always use teh one you personally want. I knew at one point there was an armourer's book suggested (maybe as part of VDS) but I don't know of that still going ahead. It would have the similar commercial issues as VDS.
The Armorers's Handbook is going to be separate from the VDS, assuming it comes out at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsdad View Post
I think part of thr problem i not actually knowing what these guns are. Which would help with working backwards from reality.

So for sample I can look up a brown bess musket etc, but what's a crouching Tiger gun and what's a Long-Range Awe-Inspiring Gun (and more importantly what's the difference). Of course as has been pointed out this is not the era of standardisation and not only is there overlap of terms but terms were also nebulous and variable etc.
Yeah, knowing what data Bill used when he stated out these guns will help greatly. They both are real historical Chinese guns, the problem is most sources I can find on them is very vague on hard facts like caliber, muzzle velocity and weight of the shot.

Normies: Man! The government is filled with liars and thieves! Me: Well yeah, here's what they're lying about, what they're stealing from you, and who's doing it. Normies: Rolls eyes Shut up conspiracy theorist Me: >.>
The_Ryujin is offline   Reply With Quote