View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 04:17 PM   #7
DevoutGuardsman

Default Re: Aura made of Objects

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
It's still a big mass of damaging stuff that can take damage.

I don't see why it shouldn't provide DR or be immune to taking damage when it parries though.
To both deal and take damage it'd have to be 2 Walls, as far as I'm aware? One permeable, one rigid? Doesn't quite avoid the swords being individual objects as well: a 3 HP wall would work fine, so long as it can only take 1 HP damage each time it gets hit.

The key distinction is that the swords aren't actually ablating damage: they're functioning very similarly to the dancing weapon imbuement. They can parry, attack, and generally follow the user around and be a nuisance (and ammunition for another Innate Attack; again, different topic). Hence the need to parry like a normal sword would.

A very rough prototype would be something like this?
Sword Aura, 1d+3 Cutting Attack: Costs 1 FP per Sword, -10%; Aura, +80%; Melee Attack, Reach C, -30%; Area Effect, 2 Yards, +50%; Cosmic, Can Parry Attacks, +5%*; Breakable, DR 6, 12 HP, 1 lb, -10%**; SM-4, -15%**; Persistent, +40%; Extended Duration, 3x, +20%; Blockable, -10%. [30]

*Since Auras normally can't claim that -5% for not being able to Parry, this is basically just reversing that effect for an equivalent cost. Probably could be jacked up a lot.
**Gadget Limitations to model the fact they're distinct objects. Doesn't get the extra -15% for being irreparable since they come back when the ability is recast, and the stats are just modelled on a broadsword of equivalent weight. They could get additional Limitations for being very frail (1-2 HP). Maths wise, I could calculate based on HP (ie, 12 HP is worth 24 points, 1 HP is worth 2 points, therefore about -8% Limitation, since it's a Limitation of a Limitation).

The 'FP per Sword' is used for another Innate Attack which consumes Swords from the Aura as ammunition.
DevoutGuardsman is offline   Reply With Quote