View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 02:57 AM   #7
ColBosch

Default Re: Speedpainting Ogre Minis Tutorial #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_JB View Post
Not to hijack, but my preferred wash is Fiebing's black shoe leather dye, diluted about 85 or 90% in denatured alcohol. I suspect it would play heck with acrylic paints before they are hard cured though.
One of the reasons I prefer Army Painter is because their specific formulation strips off very easily. Some brands, even nominal acrylics like older Games Workshop and Tamiya, wear relatively quickly but are absolute beasts to strip. If I mess up with AP, I know that a quick dunk in acetone (for metal) or a few sprays with Simple Green (for most plastics) and a scrub with an old toothbrush will get it right back off again.

But I digress. tbeard, I'm going to finish up a few pieces later today, then I'll do a speedpainting session with a bunch of my metal Combine minis. I've combined the units from Deluxe Ogre with three expansion sets and a Ral Partha blister pack, giving me 35 conventional units, 7 three-squad infantry stands, 3 two-squad infantry, 3 one-squad infantry, 6 cargo pallets, and three Ogres (one each, Mk. I to Mk. III). They're all getting a green-on-green camo scheme based on the Cold War NATO MERDC "Summer Verdant" pattern.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote