View Single Post
Old 12-23-2017, 12:28 PM   #20
Radagan

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy Companion PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
Wrong market. The market is "People who already bought the DFRPG, and some of the GURPS people", and what you're competing with is "everything else you release for that market this month".

This is a small group of people with limited individual budgets; spacing releases means you aren't asking people to choose one of three PDFs to buy this month.
Further, when people don't buy something immediately, they really don't tend to rush out and get it next month when their mad money refreshes, because by then something else NEW and SHINY has attracted their attention, even though it's less than 30 days newer.
If the product were Munchkin, I would agree with you. But GURPS? Nope. I end up buying it all eventually. There just isn't that much published for it, and the quality of the content that is published is very high. In this case DFRPG is up against a Titan... and this is December... DFRPG could use all the new releases it can get. Magic, Traps, and a module are topics most players of a fantasy rpg would jump at. The diehards will buy them immediately, and the others? Well, if they are playing DFRPG what other content choices do they have? Play something else? Maybe. But having them out there shows support for the product line beyond initial release--it's good to have things for them to want. Anyway, those are my thoughts.
Radagan is offline   Reply With Quote