View Single Post
Old 09-06-2016, 05:58 PM   #12
Carnifex

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy - Castle Defiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by benz72 View Post
An increased mana level will set you up for a Megalen invasion at some point.
You bring up an interesting point. I would think the distances involved would be some protection, this and the mountains, desert and djinn's are probably what has kept the area isolated to this point.

Quote:
You need bodies of water... the castle and those who farm to keep it fed are getting their water from some river or another... that is probably a good thing to put on the map

Known roads would be another good feature to add.
Another good point, while there are none marked on the larger maps, that does not mean there are not smaller bodies of water that would be on a smaller scale map like this one. With the swap just 30 miles north, it makes sense that there is something feeding it.

As for the roads, I would think there would be at least one major road leading back to Caithness if nothing else. Other roads would depend on how far from the castle the human populations are settling.

Quote:
If there are any political boundaries of relevance that do not match terrain (or even if they do) that might be a good thing to note. E.g. when do they pass from the Barony of X into the territory overseen by the Sheriff of Y?
At this point, I am thinking none, as this is an isolated holding hundreds of miles from Caithness proper. Although crossing the swamp probably puts one squarely into Bulgaren's territory.
Carnifex is offline   Reply With Quote