View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 09:31 AM   #7
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: tHEhERETIC's Inspired Post And Choirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCD View Post

Shedim: Mine are very far off canon, so it doesn't apply plus the problems understanding Kyriotates follow this one. Though how mulitplicity somehow becomes Hellish Horrorshow is a bit of a disconnect.
Well, here's how I see it ...

--Kyriotate, for one reason or another, has to leave host in "worse shape" than it was found. Collects dissonance.

--Kyrio, feeling sick, decides "The reason it was in such bad shape was that I didn't devote enough attention to it. Next time, I'll focus harder on a being so it doesn't get in trouble."

--Cycle repeats, with Kyrio spending less and less time in multiple bodies and more and more time in just one, trying to keep the inevitible from happening. In addition, he may start bailing out at the first sign of trouble rather than grow further dissonant, increasing his detatchment from his hosts.

--By the time he Falls, the Kyrio has pretty much obsessively put all his focus into one being in a time anyway, out of desperation. With his Fall, he comes to "realize" that it's not his fault ... that it's up to the human to protect herself, and that any failure means the human is weak, not the celestial.

They may suffer a similar delusion to the Habbalah -- every time they push a human and it fails, it reinforces humanity's weakness. But every time a human successfully resists, it rocks the Shedite's world; if humans can be that strong, does it mean the harm was the Shedite's fault after all? Were the others weak or simply overwhelmed? And to keep from thinking about it, the Shedite goes on another frenzy ....

Just my two cents. Your mileage may vary.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote