View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 12:38 PM   #16
vierasmarius

Default Re: Pyramid #3/44: Alternate GURPS II

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
The only change I made above is the number of total "coins" or "chips." You have 5 FP of mild fatigue (10 FP down to 6 FP), 5 FP of severe fatigue (5 FP down to 0 FP), and 10 FP of deep fatigue (from 0 FP down to -10 FP).

This "where do the poker chips go" method is the best way of visualizing (and gaming!) how this works by far, and honestly it's due to Steven's prodding.
Oh, this reminds me of another thought I had, something along the lines of a Vitality Reserve, an extra pool of "green chips". This would certainly be more valuable than simply Extra FP, which would be distributed 1/1/2 into the green/yellow/red piles. Maybe Extra FP (Cosmic, +50%)? Or should they just boost their total FP by 4 if they want the +1 mild fatigue? Hmm... I suppose it could be something like Extra FP 4 (Mild only, -X%), but that's getting kinda wonky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
I suspect that if you ALSO use the AP rules, no point changes are required. If you DON'T, FP drains may well be much more powerful, and thus worth even more points. I wrote these two things as one article, then realized it would be a stronger piece if it were more modular, but if you ONLY increase the FP recover rate from 1 per 10 min up to 2 hours or even more (24 hours per FP at 10 FP starting out), this can be big deal.
How so? In a sense, using the AP rules gives another thing that FP may need to be spent on (Second Wind to recover 50% AP). Or is the intent that many things which currently drain FP will switch to AP instead?

Last edited by vierasmarius; 06-22-2012 at 12:44 PM.
vierasmarius is offline   Reply With Quote