View Single Post
Old 10-29-2015, 06:23 AM   #3
malloyd

Default Re: Does Affliction with Immunity (Disease) cure disease?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeDub View Post
The question is, does the disease return when that time has expired (i.e. the disease is only "paused") or does the target stay cured until he catches the disease again (or another one)?
I'd be inclined to say neither - the disease isn't even "cured" while a few minutes of temporary immunity are on, you'd still be suffering any long term effects. You couldn't get any worse, but biological processes don't run fast enough for a few minutes of them working differently to change all that much.

If an HT roll to recover from it came due while you are immune, that's a harder call. I'd probably call it an automatic success, that might be generous, but if you were immune through several recovery rolls that's the mechanic I'd use to determine how long it took your new immunity to cure you completely, so it's probably the easiest approach to allow it for just one too. It allows some meta-gaming - timing the exact moment to afflict the immunity to cure somebody - but for 23 points it's hard to call that very abusive.