View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 09:12 AM   #2
Crakkerjakk
"Gimme 18 minutes . . ."

Default Re: Cardboard Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland_Piper View Post
I'm a big fan of the Cardboard Heroes and I own them all. I also own other paper miniature sets from other companies.

I use them for all my GURPS RPG games.

People now have better access to quality printers and paper which is evident by the explosion of paper terrain and miniatures over the last six years. I think it would be great if Steve Jackson Games thought about releasing new versions of Cardboard Heroes with updated art and size. If not doing it themselves then contacting some of the established companies to make them.

30mm is the current standard for paper miniatures at the moment.

I hope others would agree that some Dungeon Fantasy series paper miniatures with photo realistic art (not cgi) would certainly add to the flavour of the games!
Strongly agree. I recently bought all the Cardboard Heroes, as well as a couple other sets from various other companies. Cardboard heroes are by far my favorites. I would buy more if they were made, especially if they were made for other genres besides fantasy.

Although I'm not a fan of photorealistic art. I find at small scales cartoony art with bright colors better allows you to distinguish between various markers.

Semper Fi
Crakkerjakk is offline   Reply With Quote