View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 04:10 PM   #5
mlangsdorf

Default Re: Equipment for fantasy fighter craft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
What type of equipment is likely to be stored aboard and thus available to the PCs?
On my list so far:
Heavyweight clothes for the crew, in case of deployment somewhere colder than usual
Personal fliers (Gadabouts) for the crew, in case it's necessary to abandon ship
A week or so worth of food, for scouting missions
Medical supplies (probably including some magical ones, not sure what/how many)
Arrows
Other spare weapons, maybe?
Am I missing anything obvious?
Basic carpentry tools for quick repair of battle damage, maybe? A selection of hammers, a few hundred nails, some axes and hatchets, some drills, and a few saws. With a boat that small, it might just be a hatchet with a hammerhead on the back, a keyhole saw, a hand drill, a handsaw, and some punches for setting nails in inconvenient places.

Light sources, both magical and mundane: some covered lanterns with oil, and some everlasting flame rods, glow vials, or equivalent.

Rope and chains, for tying things up, towing things, deploying boarding parties, or whatever. A couple hundred pounds in various diameters and lengths.

A spyglass or other long distance viewing tool. Navigation tools in general, possibly with a clock or magical equivalent, and maps or guidebooks of the expected patrol area. A logbook and some tools for writing log entries.