View Single Post
Old 10-30-2016, 01:19 AM   #17
Tomsdad

Default Re: [Basic Set] Question about turn sequence

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAllister View Post
I'd be amenable to a rule that you have to succeed on a Tactics roll (or a roll against the same combat skill your foe is using) to know what maneuver they've employed. It's similar to some of the stuff in Tactical Shooting that limits the PCs' advantages of having perfect situational awareness and impressive cool under fire by default. Only appropriate for a campaign that's interested in that level of combat detail, buy hey, some of them are.
That's pretty much what I do and I give bonuses for previous evaluates*. (for pretty much the same reason as the stuff in TS that you mention) The point being If someone takes the time and effort to assess their opponent noticing the difference between this sort of thing becomes easier.

But yes on a second by second time frame in an actual combat situation when your also doing your own thing, and there are so many variables in involved. There's just no way you'll automatically be able to tell the difference between such wide variety of "he's attacking me with his sword"

If nothing else if I can tell automatically tell the difference in such precise detail, how does feint work?

But as has been said the RAW rule is a game balance thing, and as you said the option to not do it is really a matter of campaign switches

*and if someone was adding a telegraphic attack option I'd let their opponent know what else was happening.
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote