View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 01:12 AM   #43
zot

Default Re: The Woodsman Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by guymc View Post
I had no trouble creating an entire overland adventure (GrailQuest) before ITL even existed. ITL as it stands wouldn’t restrict me too much, I think. I want to do overland adventures — big maps and lots of adventure hooks built in for campaigning — but I would probably be fairly satisfied with the level of detail we have now.

I’m by no means opposed to a wilderness rules expansion, but — now that I think of it — a short expansion with just a few tweaks and a bit more granularity could be a small one-page double-sided add on to a big-map adventure pack. I think that would be the way to go.
I agree -- it doesn't have to be a huge rulebook, but there do need to be a few extra things added mechanically, I think. And maybe a couple of new Talents as well.

But, combining all that into a big wilderness adventure pack? Brilliant! ;-)
Yes, making themed books with extra talents and other resources would be most excellent!

With the attribute cap, new talents is the only way highly experienced characters can continue to grow and people will want to keep playing their favorite character once it gets to 40 (gee, I guess 36 is "over the hill" for TFT characters).
zot is offline   Reply With Quote