Thread: Israeli Golems
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 07:58 AM   #32
Izzy_B

Default Re: Israeli Golems

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
And that's precisely why I didn't address that in the other thread. I am not comfortable discussing what may or may not be a belief among living religions, and I feel such a discussion has no place on the company forums of a toy and game manufacturer. I strongly recommend doing your own research on the subjects. But be warned: even among those who accept as true the stories of the Golem and the "fire people," there is no consensus to be found.

I will say that, whatever you decide is right for you, suggesting that established, published work be set aside because it disagrees with your opinions is Very Bad Form. When SJ says GURPS Ogre is "not quite canon," that's his prerogative as the owner of the company and the inventor of the game. And, of course, you can do whatever you want at your own table. But until we have something with SJ's complete approval, we work with what we have, and GURPS Ogre is that baseline.

OK first off if I touched a hot button, I apologize. I didnt reject something as canon, I said I didnt know it was. Now that I've looked at the book I see why it matters.Now I see the inspiration for the fine Nihon Empire counter set came from for example.

Even I dont fuly agree on this matter, its just my opinion and no insult is intended to the creator or publisher of the one single war-game that has held my interest for decades.

My own option and thats all it is, an opinion, is based on 1) being an orthodox Jew who has a strong interest in IDF doctrine and history, and 2) for various reasons some years back having done a lot of research on this particular topic amongst both rabbinical and imam opinions. But I'm not going to claim to be the final authority and dont wish to force my opinion on anyone else.

Again sorry if I offended anyone.

Also whatever it is that has got you down this weekend I sincerely hope it resolves favorably or at least peace can be found.
Izzy_B is offline   Reply With Quote