View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 04:15 PM   #50
Boomerang

Default Re: The Dungeon Fantasy box set is great! But now I hunger for more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs View Post
After I wrote GURPS Supers, I ran a test campaign for it with a budget of, I think, 1500 or 1600 points. It seemed to work well for the most part. The big problem wasn't strength, which was manageable, but telepathic mind control. I finally started giving all the high-end supervillains, including the really dim one who was sort of a Sicilian version of the Hulk, Will 18-20 so that they couldn't just be given time outs.

But if I were going to do a supers-type campaign supplement, it wouldn't be classic four color. In fact, it would take off from Monster Hunters, with a team of higher end monster hunters with powers of their own operating in secret, for the classic "don't frighten the public" reasons, probably. The character concepts that would fit that would be much more manageable.
I didn't find strength to be an issue for the 700-800 character point range. Although I must admit I preferred the 3e enhanced strength costs for really strong characters.

I saw that mind control could be a potential issue so I decided that all telepathy and mind control type powers would have the psionic limitation so that it was reasonably cost effective to be immune to them (psi static, self only).