View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 10:36 PM   #1
Mithlas

Default Alternative IQ distribution

I mentioned in another thread that one of my games involved players discussing splitting IQ into two separate attributes: Intuition (which then linked to Perception) and Logic (which then linked to Will), with skills split between them - I did a quick run-down and discovered that there was a surprisingly even split between logic and intuition skills.

Has something like this been discussed before? A search of the forum didn't turn up anything that looked like it, the closest being splitting Magic into its own stat which is a different if somewhat related question. Obviously the cost of the now 2 core attributes would have to be decreased (to 15 each?).

Edit: You could think of it like Intuition being a "mental agility", linking horizontally with the senses and sense of the world immediately around. You could think of Logic like being a "mental strength", linking vertically with memory and cognitive models of possible past/futures.

Last edited by Mithlas; 02-22-2016 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Moving an important clarification from deeper in the thread
Mithlas is offline   Reply With Quote