View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 02:02 PM   #17
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

Default Re: Progress blog on new Ogre projects

And I have not posted an update here since 2010 because . . . Feh. Because we try to keep too many channels of communication open and nobody kicked me about this one. Sorry.

The date when we need this to print is rapidly approaching. We are still not SURE how many sheets of cardboard it will require. I turned in the rule and scenario text last week, and a couple of days later said "Whoops, I hope you have not started on this." For instance, because of the geomorphing maps, the rules needed to cover partial hexes:

2.002 Partial hexes. In order to allow the G and S maps to geomorph, the maps are cut down the middle of rows of hexes. Because each hex contains a number, hexes at the join between maps will contain two numbers (four at the corners!). Hexes that fall between maps are still considered a single hex, and a partial hex at the edge of the map is treated as a full hex for all purposes.

---

My brain is now very, very full of Ogre; I have not done anything on Munchkin since I handed in the Apocalypse draft (I owe John and Andrew a huge stack of card art comments, which I have just added to my list for today, but it has to be added at the bottom). I have not gotten to PLAY Apocalypse since I turned in the draft, if that gives you an idea how focused I am on Ogre. Fortunately, Andrew and Lenny ARE focused on Munchkin, and Apocalypse is coming along fine without me, but you did not come to this forum to read about Munchkin.

It will amuse you to hear that, after starting in 2008 with a three-release line plan for Ogre 6e and eventually combining it into one huge box, we are now asking ourselves if there can be a separate release later, with more Stuff. I do not say that to tease, or because we have already decided that is how it will be (we haven't), or because it is April 1. I say it to show that this project is still a bit bigger than our feeble human minds can encompass.

I promise to be a more faithful correspondent here until 6e gets to print.