View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 09:49 AM   #155
ammulder

Default Re: Combat Garage Update

josephrey: thanks... I'm working on something that would give me a little more time to improve the site. I'll let you know.

Racer: I ditched the previous hosting provider because it was not a fit for the technology behind the site, which caused functional issues. The current provider supports the technology, but the performance can be pretty atrocious. If the above works out, one of the things on my list will be to migrate the back end into the Amazon cloud, which will take a fair bit of work but has yielded better results for me on a similar project. The only limitation there is that the stock car sorting and filtering might be more limited; I'll have to see.

Magesmiley: is there any difference in cost/weight between one large booster/jet and several smaller ones that add up to the same thrust? If you split them up you're right that it would be able to better enforce the chassis limit, and spell out the specific effects on the vehicle summary. I guess I'd have to think about how to manage selecting the amount, direction, and duration for each individual booster.
ammulder is offline   Reply With Quote