View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006, 11:47 AM   #4
tjoneslo

Default Re: More GVB questions

I'm still not clear on what you mean by "link". The term has a specifc meaning within GVB and can cause confusion on my part. So I'll make some assumptions about it, give an explination, and you can point out where I've gone wrong.

I'll assume your vehicle has a fusion power plant and a laser componet added from the repositories, and they are in the same package or component (like the body).

There are two way to link these component together. First is: I want the laser to always use 10% of the power of the fusion plant. The second is: The fusion plant is dedicated to powering the laser, so whatever output I need for the laser, make the fusion plant the proper size.

First way: Right click the package and select "New link node..." from the context menu. In the Edit component links dialog, select (in the select lists from left to right), laser component, rating property, enter 0.1 in the text box, then the fusion plant component and the Total Power Out property. Press OK. Now as you increase or decrease the power of the fusion plant, so does the laser power. You will need to set the remaining items for the laser to get the type you want. You will also need to pay attention to the Kj (output) and the kWs (or kj input) ratio and adjust your multipler in the link above.

Second way: Create the new link as above, and in the edit component dialog select fusion power plant component, rating property, enter 1 in the text box, then select laser component and Total energy In property.

If it's not apparent from the description above, the beam weapons still use the qantity and rating items that the other templates use, they are just not labled on the edit dialog. Quantity is quantity and ratiing is the Kj input.

Does that answer your question or have I missed it entirely?
tjoneslo is offline   Reply With Quote