View Single Post
Old 12-07-2019, 02:06 PM   #77
43Supporter

Default Re: Now On Kickstarter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle496 View Post
But thinking back though, because I was so much better (i.e., compulsive) at designing cars than my friends, I won the arena matches before they started. Which, with the benefit of hindsight, is why my friends stopped playing with me. :-(
I hear you; tho' in my case, it wasn't so much that I was better at design, but at *all* aspects of the game -- design; playing the Initiative system; using positioning, terrain, and such; all of it. (I won a "modern-era" duel using a car design with nothing which wasn't in the Pocket Box set, just to illustrate *why* the rest of NOVA kept getting their heads handed to them by me.)

How does this relate to _CW6_? Personally: I don't believe simplifying the design system is going to solve the problem of "player shows up for the duel with no clear idea of what he's doing" -- and indeed, *nothing* is going to fix *that* particular problem. The player who shows up with at least three Plans, plus the ability to "wing it", is still going to play Gallagher to his opponents' watermelons (man, did I ever date myself with *that* reference :) ). Maybe I can publish a "strategy and tactics" webpage when the game comes out....

79er

The Jeremy Clarkson Debate Course:
1) I'm Right. 2) You're Wrong. 3) The End.