View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 09:30 AM   #48
Bruno

Default Re: [Basic] Advantage of the Week (#39): Daredevil, Luck, Super Luck

I've had bad crap happen to me (like most people) so I don't really know that anyone would ever consider me "lucky" as in "lives a charmed life" or "is a good luck charm" or "Bruno needs to buy lottery tickets". I have, however, been very fortunate for walking away from quite a few situations where the expected outcomes were death, paralysis, brain damage, or at least a lovely collection of broken bones and some organ damage.

I am not superstitious and I would never write the narrative of my life describing me as "lucky". But were I writing myself up as a character, I might put Lucky down on my sheet, with a limitation on it. Not for preventing things, just for mitigating results :)

I put Lucky/Unlucky/Cursed/Serendipity in the same bag as Destiny, Weirdness Magnet, Patron, Enemy, Ally, Contact, and Signature Gear - these are metagame contracts about how you want gameplay to go. Lucky and Serendipity are more in the hands of the player than the other traits, which makes them stick out - but they're all contracts.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote