View Single Post
Old 03-02-2022, 09:10 AM   #23
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well, we'll see but suffice it to say Julian's probably going to be a bit more obtuse and incredulous.
fair enough

Quote:
I try my best to find something to wipe my hands with. Perhaps there's a fountain around here. Worse comes to worse I could wet my hands from the misting outside.
Julian could use the wall... if he wanted to impose, he could wipe his hands on the cloth the vendor has on his cart... or on the clothes of a passerby. Stepping outside is an option, where he can find vegetation... though it strikes him that there are not many doors outside, all things considered.

Quote:
Well let's head deeper into the hall and look for anything that resembles a clothing stall. A thought crosses my mind as I head deeper; how big is this place? They couldn't possibly fit this whole building on that narrow little platform outside, could they? They must have tunneled into the cliffside, but how could they do that with nothing more advanced than pickaxes? This is really strange...
The place is lined with wood, so you can't tell, but the structure winds along, with almost all of the doors on one side. As Julian moves forward, he begins to feel a light vibration in the air and hear what sounds like a distant waterfall. Occasionally, he passes openings to the outdoors. The structure also seems to be trending upwards.

Finally, Julian arrives at the main market... which is busy and bustling... and pretty much identical to his dream, except that most of the people are different... but the layout is right. He even remembers where some clothing merchants were...

Quote:
When I find a clothing stall, I'll try and find something that would cover my lower half, and ask what the price is.
A "full" but minimal set of clothes is 8 coins. He can find a light cloth that will cover his loins for 4 coins... he has 3. He's able to observe the haggling and figure out the general clothing prices before he asks...

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote