View Single Post
Old 06-27-2018, 07:13 AM   #834
Rick_Smith

Default Unusual campaign settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zot View Post
That would be fantastic! I'd love to see some weird areas in Cidri that don't line up with traditional fantasy, too.
Hi Zot, everyone.
I once ran a campaign based on these oceans of powered salt. Players moved around on these ice boat type ships with sails. Water was hugely rare and valuable, and players moved to islands of rocks which stuck up, out of the salt ocean.

Almost all of these were abandoned fortresses filled with monsters and loot. A race of gargoyle like creatures had wiped out the people long ago, but had vanished for some reason, so the players were on the forefront of taking back these abandoned areas. The bosses in the fortresses were the slave races and the animated mechanical contraptions left by the fliers. Returning with news of a new island / fort with a good well, was very profitable. Competing lords wanted to buy info on how to get to them, and expand their influence.

Each fortress had a limited amount of water, so it might support a half dozen, 3 dozen or 4 score people. The better the well, the more valuable it was.

That campaign was short lived. (Players got too much loot too quickly, and I ran out of ideas.) But it was a lot of fun while it lasted.

I bring this up because I would LOVE to see some really unusual campaign settings for new TFT.

Warm regards, Rick.

Last edited by Rick_Smith; 06-27-2018 at 07:22 AM.
Rick_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote