View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 03:03 AM   #38
ArtilleryMoped

Default Re: Superhero Character Idea Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by corwyn View Post
You might also consider swapping Gunslinger to upgrade Gadgeteer to Quick. It opens a lot of options when you can make a bazooka out of bubble gum and bailing wire in a couple of hours. Of course you'd also need much higher Engineering skills.

BTW, what are you planning to do with Gadgeteer with such low Engineering? You can't really invent anything meaningful. It doesn't really justify the gear you have. Maybe keep Gadgeteer at normal and put those points into inventing skills.
Haha, Bubblegum and Bailing Wire. I like the way you think. If you look on my sheet, I have a simple thruster pack that basically gives me super jump, and part of my backstory involves my partner, who was a bio-engineer, giving me super strength. My character invented this pack to give him extra mobility. The Engineering skills were basically tacked on to justify having an item like that, that i claim to have created. I felt terrible having them so low, but my friend talked me into Gunslinger, and at the end i still felt it necessary. I wanted to move points around, even considering removing Luck (but i love Luck) to invest in more skills like Engineering.

All in all, i'm not certain how high of an engineering skill I need to justify creating a fully functional Batman-esque suit with tactical gear and what not. Another thing is certain Items my GM just wont let me have, which is basically anything LC 2. Maybe he'd let me if I had built the items myself but I don't know. That's something I definitely have to ask him.

That in mind, any recommendations?
ArtilleryMoped is offline   Reply With Quote