View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 04:02 PM   #84
Twyll

Default Re: Lord of the Rings Elven Racial Template

Nice templates. But I would cancel most of "for All elves" list of advantages and decide it is just magic. As in the books they seem to use it with ease or in manner wich different from the human way (incantation etc...) I would use a custom form of magic for them that would be more instinctive (may be based on Per rather than IQ for example, see Magic 4th ed for suggestions) and high levels of magery and connect it with th epower of the silmarils (Noldor have more magery than Sindar and Sindar mor than Sylvan). I would leave magery 0 for dunadans and maybe half-elves. As young elves have already lived for at least a century, that leave them a lot of time to master their skills, so high spell skills would'nt be suprising.

About bonus to IQ, I agree to say that not all elves seem to be near genius, but they all recaive a high leve of education and again, they have long lifetime, even the young. As GURPS IQ is not only raw brain power but also education and general knowledge, I think elves deserves this IQ bonus.

About ST, elves ahve a slender build and are not accustomed to physical labor as humans and dwarf do. This justifies for a -1 adjutment in my opinion, except maybe for the Noldor, though I think the power of the silmarils have more to do with body HT and magical power than physical build.

Last edited by Twyll; 06-28-2007 at 04:05 PM.
Twyll is offline   Reply With Quote