View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 09:49 AM   #2
JMason

Default Re: Hireling growth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuljita View Post
The 62 point hireling was voted MVP in a game last night (saved the half-ogre swashbuckler from a bear grapple *and* managed to revive him from unconsciousness in time to kill a watcher at the end of time before he started cutting off important bits from the wizard). Should I give such a hireling character point growth? Would it change his going rate?
By RAW, when the players look for and find a hireling, they will be 1/4 or 1/2 of the characters' points. I use the group average. If they are looking for the same character that they had hired in the past, then he'll have grown by a percent of the characters' growth.

So as the group average character points increase the hireling will also become more skilled... but so will all the other hirelings that the players have yet to use. So for every 2 points over 256, a 1/2 CP hireling gains 1 CP, and a 1/4 CP hireling will gain one at 252 and one for every 4 after that.

Nothing is stopping you from doing things your own way, but by my reading of rues on Exploits p. 90, this is how things would work.