View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 10:45 AM   #36
JLV

Default Re: The Staff & Quarterstaff combo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_Smith View Post
TYPICAL TFT:
All true, but the only thing that really affects the combo's discussion is what is the typical armor rating of people in the campaign. If it is 4 our higher, my point stands.

Also, I've made the Flesh magic items a lot more expensive. A Leather Flesh item costs about what a Stone Flesh costs in regular TFT. My Stone Flesh costs what an Iron Flesh used to. And my Iron Flesh item costs so much that no one has managed to get one for years.

I've also doubled the cost of weapon / armor enchantments to get armor. (I just felt that the armor enchantment was too cheap so I upped their costs.) I also said that if you had Leather armor (that stops 2), then the best weapon / armor enchantment that could be cast on the armour, could only double it. So you can't buy Cloth with a -5 w/ae. The best you can get is cloth with a -1 point w/ae.

So in that respect, good magic armor is a lot harder to get in my campaign than in typical TFT campaigns. Despite it being at least double the price, my players STILL buy it as soon as possible.
You let people buy magic items? Generally I make them earn it via play (i.e., they have to find it, and usually kill something powerful to get it). What you can buy is things like potions. Armor and weapons, they're made by smiths/armorers, and the best you can buy is "fine" quality. You might find magical armor, but you won't be able to buy it. Wizards might actually make a magic item, but it's for their own use, not for sale...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_Smith View Post
Well, I first started talking about this combo before we learned that Steve was capping attributes at 42 (not counting wishes).
I thought it was 40, not 42.
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote