View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 06:53 AM   #32
Icelander

Default Re: Project Jade Serenity [Supers/Technothriller]

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
Tremendous value... but I'm not sure if my increased enjoyment is worth your trouble and time.
Full disclosure, writing the dialogue is the most fun part. I'm even reading Forrest Gump to try to learn how to transcribe an awful redneck accent, watching Hart of Dixie to try to teach myself to speak with an Alabama drawl and reading some books on Crimson Tide football to pick up cultural touchstones for a 'Bama boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
One reason I semi-suggested recording and talk-to-text speech recognition writing software (something I've thought about for keeping 'permanent' records of my game sessions). I'm just not sure how difficult that would be to set up and even if easy, would it really decrease the workload of turning it into a play synopses?
It wouldn't decrease the work, I think. Aside from the fact that no program will work in Icelandic*, there's also the fact that everything would have to be edited so much that it would amount to a re-write. Game sessions feature a lot of conversation that doesn't interest anyone and has no value to anyone.

*Dialogue is in English, as the game is set in America, but our OOC chatter and descriptions of actions are in Icelandic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshiggins View Post
Oh, it definitely adds interest to the write-up, and I applaud the choice. I just made a different one, is all.

The only dialogue I include are the funny quotes, at the end.
Unfortunately, I haven't done very well in snappy, funny dialogue. Most of the jokes are OOC, leaving the talky scenes written up purely IC coming off as dramatic, corny and probably rather boring.

Last edited by Icelander; 02-26-2017 at 08:36 AM.
Icelander is offline   Reply With Quote