View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 05:53 AM   #24
Astromancer

Default Re: White Witch Jadis goes to 1940s Europe and allies with the Nazis, A Narnia RPG Id

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Rancke-Madsen View Post
There's romantic impracticality and there's disaster-causing impracticality. Unless Jadis' magic can make crops grow in winter, she'll run out of willing minions fast, and any minions and subjects at all fairly soon after that.
PS. In case it wasn't clear, I'm talking about people either leaving her realm or starving to death.

PPS. This is something Lewis conveniently forgot to address. I suppose the White Witch could have been conjuring up vittles for all the Narnians in the same way that she conjured up Turkish Delight for Edmund, but there's something so pragmatically down-to-earth about the vision of the Witch conjuring up waggon-loads of smoked hams and potted meat and strawberry jam and whatnot, and her minions distributing them, that I find slightly ludicrous.

Hans
It would make them very dependent on her good will. Any revolt would soon starve. And, as the food she gave Edmund gave her power over him, it makes her subjects her more helpless. Still, the sheer mass of food requiered, plus the logistics of delivery, would collapse the project in any even vaguely realish world.

Still, if the frost is located in Russia, and Jaddis lacks the control to freeze Britain without catching Germany in the trap, then much of the senario remains workable.

Ancora Imparo
Astromancer is offline   Reply With Quote