View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 11:31 AM   #355
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams (Jane Doe)

Welker's security rights have been suspended, not removed. He has been relived of duty, but it appears this culture practices innocent until proven guilty. He has access to communicate with others only after having them read and approved or meetings monitored by a security officer (though the ship is short on security officers at the moment: the lion's share of them are on the list). He is confined to quarters, and restricted to private virtual rooms, as are the rest of the individuals on the "de-authorized" list. Only some of them are actually in their quarters though. Uzochi is one of them, but both messages from him were approved to go to Olive, and quite quickly at that.

Olive is reading the messages when she feels that weird sensation outside of her body again. Then she gets the urge to rant at a pineapple. Or maybe introduce herself to one? Or maybe a cactus would work just as well?

From Onyeka Uzochi (message approved and forwarded):
I see, but do not know. We not hurt you if you not steal minds. Do you agree?

From Aaron Till:
Your answers have been very helpful, and I look forward to working with you again. You have shown exceptional talent as we've worked with you. remember to listen with your mind, not your ears. We will cease our antagonism as long as you do not interfere with our operations.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote