View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 11:21 PM   #1
majikfreak

Default Marked for Death Demo Vs. My 6 year old

ok... I have a Munchkin-aholic. I can't get enough Munchkin. My 6 year old son has been really bugging me to teach him how to play. I've been reluctant to try to teach him for many reasons. Don't get me wrong my first grader is at the top of his class in reading and math... One night he picked up one of my Wheel of Time novels and started reading it. Then we talked about it and i can to realize that he truly is a whiz.

So I talked to my wife and we decided to let him learn. I have the Marked for Death Demo. So I went threw my cards and put the demo back together and we went through it step by step. To my surprise he had retained a lot information just from watching me play so often. He was like I know if I have to run away, I need to roll a 5-6 on a d-6... My jaw dropped a little... After we played the demo 3-4 times (switching sides) he wanted to break out the real cards.

We dealt out the cards and he start placing items and stuff down. after a few battles with little coaching, he started calling out stuff like I'm defeating this guy by 5 Dad, do you have anyway to stop me? All I could do was grin... He even hindered my winning by playing out to lunch on my monster I was gonna kill...

I can't wait until tomorrow...