Thread: Thieves
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2022, 12:10 AM   #23
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: Thieves

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmdw45 View Post
On the one hand, you've got my attention.
Heh.

Quote:
On the other hand, this is also the nature of GURPS combat, almost irrespective of what profession the ambushers are. A wizard and two swashbucklers, or three martial artists, or a druid and two scouts... any of these could potentially wipe out a party of six in 1-4 rounds in an ambush situation. (E.g. the wizard casts Invisibility and the Swashbucklers use Luck if necessary to enhance Stealth and virtually guarantee surprise, and then cut down three PCs each from behind on round 1.) Delvers are fragile when caught unawares.
This is true, but bandits and cutthroats do it better. The damage potential on surprise attacks with the right power-ups proved to be pretty incredible.

Quote:
On the gripping hand, you've definitely got me curious enough to buy the book when I see it, and if you feel like telling the story I'm sure I will enjoy it.
Oh, it'll probably make it into the designer's notes on my blog along with anything that didn't make it in since Pyramid Designer's Notes are kind of a thing of the past it seems.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote