View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 01:51 PM   #35
hal

Default Re: Collapsibles and Drop Tanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_aramis View Post
Mike, you're neglecting that Marc has again reiterated that dropped tanks are generally not reusable. Until TL15, they are automatically destroyed by being dropped - the issue is clarified in T5, as anything smaller than the jumping vessel is damaged by the jumping vessel.

Essentially, you're arguing a point that the designer himself responded against; you are neither advancing rules as intended nor setting as intended.

Fine grist for an ATU, but unreflective of the OTU as Marc Miller sees it.
It might be noted that it is possible that Mike, or others, do not have access to T5.

Also - Based on your statement, I thought I'd do a search on my T5 Core rules V5.09 for Drop tanks. None of the references that came up in the book refer to the idea that Drop tanks are destroyed (at least not that I found). Could you perhaps reference the page where that is spelled out? It would be nice to know.

Thanks.

For what it is worth, I can see where a "Globe" based jump field would potentially destroy drop tanks, but I don't know as a grid based jump field would.

If the mechanics of the drop tank is such that it is forced away quickly, and that force used to make it happen renders the tank unusuable, that would make sense. But I can't seem to find it.

:(
hal is offline   Reply With Quote