View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 05:51 PM   #10
gibberingmouther

Default Re: Dragon Ball Inspired "Ki" Hero

okay, i had some more thoughts on a conceptual level. soon i'll be done with this, and then resume with the actual mechanics once i have Supers after Christmas. it's distracting me from doing my homework.

i was trying to figure out how super strength or speed (which translates to power of martial arts blows) via "ki energy" would work, if it would make any sense at all. then i realized it could be like telekinesis - the spirit body moves with superhuman speed or strength, and the body is attached to it. so it would be the intensity of the telekinesis - which i am having trouble linking to "ki energy", but this would be a way for it to work. i don't know enough about biomechanics to say, could the "ki energy" work on a molecular level to enhance muscle contraction.

if anybody DOES know biomechanics enough to comment on this, i wouldn't mind input!

superhuman resilience could also be a form of telekinesis - the spirit body's impermeability is connected to the body's. so that's all i wanted to say. ki energy could work in some other form than this sort of spirit telekinesis, but i don't know how that would work.

i like this because it is elegant - it reduces everything to telekinesis and energy manipulation. healing wounds could be restoring the body to the shape and character of the spirit body for example.

Last edited by gibberingmouther; 12-04-2017 at 06:20 PM. Reason: content
gibberingmouther is offline   Reply With Quote