Thread: Supers Char
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 10:28 AM   #44
zoncxs

Default Re: Supers Char

Quote:
Originally Posted by naloth View Post
I wasn't quoting or replying to what you said. That was directed towards the "it was probably overlooked" comment by Awesomeness.
You were replying to someone who was echoing what I said, which in turn was a reply to what you said.

You = "I say A cause B"
Me = "Huh, didn't know B was there, but I would Rule 0 C"
Them = "Reason for B was probably something. I agree with C"
You = "It has to be B cause its written there"
Me = "Which is why I said Rule 0 C".

Quote:
If walking around is 1+1/min, you'd need Reduced Fatigue equal to 1+the number of minutes you intend to carry it around.
That is never how I ever read that. If that was true then it would be impossible to ever maintain any Spell. If the spell cost 1 FP and 1 FP per min to maintain:

Skill of 15+ reduces that to 0 FP and 0 FP per min to maintain

NOT

0 FP and STILL 1 FP per min to maintain OR 0 FP and 0FP for first min then 1 FP thereafter.

Quote:
I slightly misunderstood what you were doing, but it's still the same problem. If the +13/300 is "only in Metal Form", he's a ST 6 human.
You still misunderstood.

ST is bought down to 6, Super ST is bought at +13. The modifier "Only in metal form" is applied to the enhancement "Super Effort" and not to the ST.

ST (A, B) is what you are thinking but:

ST (A(B)) is what i made. You can only use the "Super" part in metal form, otherwise its just ST +13.

Quote:
Only one ability (Using ST) is -50%. Only Stunts would mean you could use it for any ability plus various fatigue for bonus abilities.
Powers p 119:
"One Power: Only available if you have two or more powers of a given source. Your ER works with just one of your powers."

Powers p 7:
"A “power” is an exotic or supernatural gift that you can direct in different ways to produce a number of related effects. A good example is Telepathy (see p. B257):..."

"Each power has a source: the origin of the energy the wielder manipulates to produce its effects. This is normally chosen from the list under Advantage Origins (see p. B33) – for instance, Telepathy is “psionic” – but the GM is free to invent other sources."

So unless the player has multiple powers from different sources, you can't have that. And how many sources and powers are up to the GM.

Quote:
16 is hardly low. Besides, I was expressly using the -1 per +100% and 10 ER example in G:Supers just to show what could be done that way instead of using Super-Effort.
I had to look that up, I never new you could do that, but again, Statement stands. Lifting skill at att+15 means, with a Will of 10, you can take -5 to -10 on the roll, spend that same 10 ER, and have +500% - +1000% increase, for that same +100% you only need to spend 2 ER at -5, or 1 ER at -10.
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote