View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 10:34 PM   #4
ismenis

Default Re: Is combining Maximum Duration and Reduced Duration abusive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by malloyd View Post
Maximum Duration isn't intended to apply to anything that normally has a finite duration - that's what the wording about can be left on indefinitely is supposed to be telling you. So no. If it has a duration you can Reduce in the first place, you shouldn't be allowing it.

Honestly any two Modifiers that affect the same property are iffy, and need to be looked at very closely. Never forget the single most critical rule about Modifiers: that last paragraph on B101 that tells you they all always require GM judgement, particularly in combination.
Sorry for the lack of response.

I guess you pretty much answered my question, especially after reading the relevant sections of the books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
I'm unclear on how you're applying the various duration modifications, perhaps a worked example would help? Use a specific trait, specific levels of Reduced Duration, and a specific level of Maximum Duration.
Originally it was going to be Insubstantiality with Reduced Duration - 1 second, and Maximum Duration - 1 minute, so the ability cannot stay on for more than 1 second after being activated, and after being activated 60 times without a break of at least 5 minutes in between it would stop working. The more I look at it the more munchkiny it is.
ismenis is offline   Reply With Quote