View Single Post
Old 09-29-2016, 08:45 PM   #53
Rindis

Default Re: [Sorcery] Those Other Spells...

Today I posted the first of what may eventually become quite a few sets of spells for Dungeon Sorcery:
Dungeon Sorcery Spells 1

This features the final version of several spells who were initially pounded out here.

While I'm here, I'll preview a spell that'll probably be in the next batch to go up on my blog:

Chill Touch (C)
Necromancy, Somatic, Verbal, Resisted
67 points + 66 points/level
Casting Time: 1 second
Casting Roll: Innate Attack
Range: Touch
Duration: Instantaneous

This spell tries to drain some of the life force out of a creature. If the caster hits a living creature with a chill touch, it feels a chilling sensation and takes 1d-1 of damage (crushing, DR protects as normal, but there is no blunt trauma or knockback). Assuming the attack penetrates DR, the target makes an unmodified HT roll and loses 1 point of ST for a number of minutes equal to his MoF. Further successful attacks will drain more ST!

If chill touch is used on an undead creature, it takes no damage, but may gain a Dread of the caster (with an 11 yard range) as its link to the Negative Material Plane is disrupted. Do a quick contest of the caster’s Will+Talent vs the target’s HT, and the dread will last for MoS minutes.

This spell has no effect on inanimate objects, nor creatures animated by magical means (such as golems). Each level of the spell adds a -1 penalty to the HT of the target.

Innate Attack, 1d-1 (cr) (Accessibility: Living Creatures, -10%; Link, +10%; Melee Attack, C, 1, -20%; No Blunt Trauma, -20%, No Knockback, -10%; Requires Gestures, -10%; Requires Magic Words, -10%; Sorcery, -15%) [0.2x4] + Affliction 1 (HT; -1 ST, +5%; Accessibility: Living Creatures, -10%; Cumulative, +400%; Follow-Up, -20%; Requires Gestures, -10%; Requires Magic Words, -10%; Sorcery, -15%) [4.6x10] + Affliction (HT; Disadvantage: Dread, Caster, 11 yards, +40%; Accessibility: Undead, -35%; Based on Will, Own Roll, +20%; Link, +10%; Malediction 1, +100%; Requires Gestures, -10%; Requires Magic Words, -10%; Sorcery, -15%) [2.0x10]

This is the longest ability writeup I've had, thanks to the three-part nature of it. It's more expensive than I'd like, but a lot of that is going into that cumulative ST drain, which is a feature of the original.