View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 11:16 AM   #9
Not another shrubbery

Default Re: The Morphing Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdzik
My view is that the text is unclear on the question. I think either interpretation would be reasonable - that it's what-you-see-is-what-you-get or the full morph. I've told Badmash that while I think the full-morph is right, I'm not going to fight any decision he comes up with.

But one bit of text that I think strongly supports my case: you can morph into the appearance of anyone you can see or touch. I'm hard pressed to see how the "touch" part works unless a touch anywhere on the person means that you can turn into the person entire. If it's what-you-see-is-what-you-get, or in this case, what-you-touch-is-what-you-get, does that mean you have to run your hands over the entire person in order to morph into him?
Agree completely that either interpretation is reasonable. Consistency in application is the real issue in this case. I always overlook the "or touch" bit, but it is a strong argument in favor of making it work like ZMC says. OTOH, the connection between Cosmetic Morph and Elastic Skin suggests the need for visual cues for perfect disguises, and I prefer not adding effects beyond those implied by the name. It fits my sensibilities that a now-blind shapeshifter would be limited to perfect copies of forms known before.
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote