View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 05:17 PM   #9
Landwalker

Default Re: Rejiggering Muscle-Powered Weapon Damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vierasmarius View Post
Here's a radical thought: In re-working the entire damage system, why not simply double all values, then place ST-based damage where it should realistically be? This would help combat the lack of differentiation between low-ST damage rolls. Of course, you'd also have to double HP, and probably fiddle with things like Shock, Bleeding and Healing. This would be a lot of work to address a minor (though fundamental) concern. Maybe when GURPS 5th edition comes out (currently scheduled for the year after we get Fusion reactors commercially viable).
That is pretty much the reason why. I know that the 70%-method is imperfect and isn't a precise representation of "reality," but I'm mostly trying to strike a balance between "pretty close to realistic representation" and "sufficiently game-able and straight-forward that it won't drive me mad and result in re-writing half of the combat system."

The re-writing thing tends to happen to me far too often, and I'm trying really hard to avoid it this time around. =p
Landwalker is offline   Reply With Quote